R Scott Whitley

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Quick thoughts about stuff at the Gym

Just a couple of quick things that came to mind while I was watching this Herb at the gym this morning...

...Don't offer advice unless you are asked. You just look stupid and like a jackass.
...Don't wear cologne/perfume. Especially if you are going to try to get beside me on the treadmill. More than likely I'm near throwing up anyway.
...Don't turn down a request to spot somebody. Just not cool.
...Don't leave your sweat all over your machine...just nasty.
...Don't waste the equipment's time...if you are in the gym to workout, then workout. If you can read on the treadmill, you could be going faster!
...Don't interrupt the workout of people who are in incredibly great shape to ask them about about "how many carbs" they eat just so that you can tell them what type of diet you are on.

This note is courtesy of the Herb who was wearing his jeans and baseball cap this morning and kept offering advice to people who were working out. Leave the in shape girl alone, she's obviously busy and doesn't care what % your carbs are of your total diet.

This has nothing to do with writing, and I'm not a gym rat or anything...I like to workout, I just don't like little things people do while they are in there. The biggest is the perfume thing though...for real...people stink it's part of being a human being. When I'm about to die because I'm running as fast as my legs will take me and I'm having trouble breathing, I really don't need a sweet smelling cover up wafting up my nose.

...totally out of left field...
Reggie

3 Comments:

  • And makeup... Why are you wearing makeup ladies? If you are serious about working out, that stuff will be melting down your ankles in a few hot minutes. Oh, and there's a limit to how shorts really should go, even at a gym and even if you really are THAT cute... And, I'm so with you on that perfume thing... gag... Not that I love working out, but when I go I look like a slob, smell like a slob and sweat like a slob. There's two things I do this for. One is why dress up for pain and the other is that no one will bother me... I guess I really am that antisocial when I'm at the gym.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:21 PM  

  • Yes, and let's not forget the rule: Don't pick the cardio machine that is right next to mine when a whole row is open for your stinky, perfumy hind-end.

    By Blogger Kebibi, at 12:59 PM  

  • Quit your bitching and get your workout done!
    Hi Best Friend!

    By Blogger deuce, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home