R Scott Whitley

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Editing is a bitch

I'm editing my new book now, and though I love the thing...my favorite thing I've ever written... I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE editing. Really. For real.

I really want to get started on book II... Really. I do. And I can't b/c I have to edit this and clean up a couple of parts and tie in the intro section I wrote after the book was finished. And I have to do all of that before I start submissions and queries for this book....

It's frustrating!

Who said that creating a book is an act of love. I think it's an act of obsession. For me it's like trying to get a story out 1000-2000 words at a time when you really want to get them out at 20,000 a time. Argh! The final scene is there... it's done pretty much... three-four books from now... and I have a hell of a long way to go before I ever get to write it.

I think I'm gonna go try Google talk now...

Night!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home