R Scott Whitley

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...I'm old now.

I turned 29 today... and it's hit me this week... I'm old. Not old, like I'm being stupid about it, more like, I'm just not "young" anymore. Chrissie and Colin and I were out shopping this past weekend and it hit me a couple of times.

1) I can't wear T-shirts with sexual innuendo anymore...it's just not funny.

2) When you're running from one store without a bathroom, to a store with a bathroom while telling your child to "hold it, ok?"

3) When you want to tell college age kids about your life experience.

It's strange. I didn't feel old until this weekend... but there it was... suddenly, I was. I'm not depressed about it...or sad... I'm just not a young guy anymore.

Anyway... today's been pretty cool. Lots of people wished me a happy birthday, and Chrissie and Colin had a cookie-cake with candles when I got home...so it was a good day. All of the "old" stuff went away when I looked at Colin after I had blown out my candles and he was clapping and screaming, "yay Dadddy!"

I think I'll take that over being able to pull off a stupid t-shirt anyday.

Night folks.

1 Comments:

  • I know... I feel your pain. I'm starting to realize the same thing... you are old.

    :)

    By Blogger Kebibi, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home