R Scott Whitley

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's been a month...

Well, I guess it's time to post again...seeing that I haven't in like a month.

I'm one chapter away from having The Gathering edited. Very pleased with this book... Ready to get really rolling on the new one. I've been writing on it a little, doing some back story and stuff... but I'm ready now to do the real deal writing every night kind of thing again...

I received LG Burbank's "The Ruthless" in the mail today... I eagerly got started on it...when...to my suprise... I found that the author had named me on the acknowledgement page. This is one of the greater honors I've had in life... no bullshit. The fact that she named me in the book is awesome...and it totally caught me off guard. Thanks LG... you've meant alot to me as a writer as well...I wish you the best!

And what I have read so far rocks!

Let's see, what else has happened....

We celebrated my friend Wonder Roofie's birthday this past weekend with a surprise party... which was cool. Amy's like a sister to me and she's just an all around great girl who I love to death... so I was glad we could all get together and celebrate her getting old. Amy, you will always be older than me and I'm very happy about that.

Um... I hate "Scarowinds" commercials... it's a Halloween version of the local theme park "Carowinds". They start running these scary ass commercials at 6pm and my two year old runs terrified everytime one of them comes on. I'm 'bout to drive down there and straighten somebody out about it...

My son created his first craft today at this little Halloween event they had at the aquatic center where I work out. It was for 2 and 3 year olds so for most of them, it was the first such "craft" they'd done on their on... and they chose to have them paint pumpkins... I was so proud of my son and so happy that I can't save his first craft because they chose something that would rot in a month... good choice folks...

Alright... well, I gotta finish up my editing....

Good night folks!
Reggie

2 Comments:

  • since i'm like a sister to you, i better be in YOUR book...oh wait, I am. "yuk, yuk, yuk"!

    thanks for the kind words roachie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

  • I hate the Universal special Halloween commercials showing some little old lady torturing a guy chained to a bed of nails... yeah.. just what I want to see eight times a day... my grandmother when she's really po'd. I'll give those folks something to scream about... As for the acknowledgement... you'll know this soon enough, but when you find a reader and author who enjoys your work... it's like most impressive. Great for the ego which gets slammed quite a bit these days. LG

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home