R Scott Whitley

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Boy who cried wolf... in the eyes of a three year old

Tonight, while being told he shouldn't tell stories (see shouldn't lie) Colin explained to me that this lesson was like the story of the boy who cried wolf. I'm paraphrasing a big, but it went something like this...

"Like the wolf and the little boy," Colin said, serious faced.
"That's right," I said.
"And he tell stories 'bout the boy." colin continues
"That's right," I agree, hoping the moral of the little tale would be remembered.
"And the wolf say 'woof, woof' to him," Colin says, still looking serious.
"No," I say, cut off by his continuing explanation.
"And then he say, 'woof, woof, woof," Colin says as our little lesson breaks down into giggles. Looking in the other room, I see Chrissie cracking up.

Now, to put the final perspective on this... it was a lesson about not telling stories about having to poop.

Still trying to work with BRANDON on that one....

3 Comments:

  • "(see shouldn't lie)"?

    By Blogger Kebibi, at 12:13 PM  

  • Nice story. I was pooping. No I wasn't.

    By Blogger Big Bunches, at 9:57 PM  

  • That is the best version of the story I have ever heard. If anyone asks me if I've heard it, that's the version I'm going to tell. Woof woof.

    By Blogger Megumi, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home